Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Daily Stain

Realtor Signs

Now that we're in a bear market in real estate sector I can't help but notice all of the various real estate signs spiked into the ground in front of homes.

I must say, the real estate industry harbors some peculiar individuals. Why are real estate agents compelled to push their"nick names" on us? Isn't it common place that all Dorothy's are "Dot"? or all Charles' are "Chuck" or all John's are "Jack" and so on? You don't need to remind me and even if I did employ your services it would take a long time to feel comfortable calling you by your "nickname" anyway. And stop insulting my intelligence by listing your name as James followed by"Jim" Doe or Susan "Sue" Doe or Patricia "Pat" Smith, alright? I always default to your nick name at the onset so knock it off with thinking you need to remind me.

Note to Century 21...if you need to bury your 4X4 wooden sign posts 36 inches into the ground you may want to fore go messages that indicate "priced for a quick sale". A sign installed like that tells me you're hunkering down and in it for the long haul!

Ok, signs with pictures....who cares what you look like? I think I would have more trust buying a house through an ugly realtor anyway...if you're too pretty or too slick then you probably need to make a lot of money to keep up your apprearance, right? And for God's sake, cut it out with the husband/wife/partner combo pictures, would you already?!? I don't think I'd like my fellow neighbors seeing my wife all cozy'ed up next to some 50 something weirdo wearing a bad hair piece with a smile that makes a sorority composite picture look glum. I don't care how much you say "it's just business". It's just weird. What's more, that picture screams "WHAAAH, I JUST CAN'T DO THIS BY MYSELF! I NEED A PARTNER!" How does that work anyway? Do you only need to pass half of the real estate test?

BEST regards,

Guts "Gut" 86

No comments: